I believe befriending someone means trusting them. If you have a friend, it means you believe them to be supportive, standing on your side, and believing in you. You trust them to be as caring as you've been.
Sometimes, you want to share your personal concerns with someone. Even if you know there's got to be no advice you can have from them, you may want to share them so that you can feel better. In that case, you should decide on which person to share the story. And that person is going to be your friend, the one you trust from the bottom of your heart, the one you believe won't spread your embarrassing story to anyone. This is the meaning of friendship. Therefore, trusting your friends also means counting on them. If you can take care of your friends and show sincere comfort, you expect them to be as caring as you've been.
My point of view when it comes to friendship may sound too calculating. But I'm not saying I always do the math in terms of how much time, money, and effort I would spend on my friend. What I meant by "Friendship and Trust," was that when you have a friend you don't have to calculate your emotional cost because you trust them to be as supportive, caring, friendly, concerning as you are. And it is what makes the difference between friends and acquaintances. I hope many people are already conjured up in your mind after reading this because it indicates you are also someone trustworthy :)

Comments
Post a Comment