Which is Stronger, the Heart or the Brain?


    Whether I’d follow my brain or not depends on how much time I have. If I have enough time to determine, I struggle to follow my head, whereas I have to trust my instinct if I don’t have time. For instance, when I was looking for a job, I waited for a call from two companies where I’d had interviews. It took me a week to get an offer from a company for which I didn’t want to be an employee. I had to choose whether to accept the job offer before the employer ended the call. I felt I no longer had enough time to do a job search, so I followed my instinct to accept the offer. A week later, another company offered me a position with better conditions. But I was already working for the first company. It was a typical outcome I encountered every time I followed my heart, and it made me regret it, thinking that if I had more time to think, I wouldn't have made such a stupid decision. For this reason, I tend to ponder and examine options; sometimes, it takes over a month.

Comments